When it comes to writing messages and materials, many have difficulty expressing themselves appropriately, concisely, persuasively or professionally. Some find that they are misunderstood, while others have found that they come across as verbose, inarticulate and unclear, leaving them to feel self-conscious, ill at ease or unsure about how to say "it" when it comes time to put it in writing.
ExecuProv’s "Write Away" one-day course has become increasingly popular among the business community. The following are the key questions a student asks and addresses during class:
- Do people find your emails abrupt or too blunt?
- Are your handout materials cluttered, out of sync, hard to assimilate? Do they ramble?
- Is that regular report you're asked to write jumbled, unclear, and worse yet, always falling short of good narrative?
- Are you criticized for poor language arts such as grammar, punctuation, misspellings, a limited vocabulary or typos?
- Are you simply not as articulate when you write your thoughts as when you say them?
- Are you unable to convey your ideas or persuade others of your points of view when you put them in writing?
- Are you unable to write a speech that's interesting and packs a punch?
- Do you have difficulty writing jokes and stories for use in presentations or speeches?
- Are your PowerPoint shows boring and sluggish—do they drone on?
- Do you ever experience "writer's block?"
Whether you're required to craft memos, emails, letters, handouts, PowerPoint shows, speeches, pitches, reports, or any other written materials during your typical workday, "Write Away" can help you sharpen your writing skills or develop new ones!
Class enrollment is kept to a minimum and instruction is highly personalized, interactive and fun. For corporate on-site workshops, classes are custom-tailored to meet a client's needs. "Write Away" is the perfect course to help students write it rather than say it!